Table 3-3. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for ROWPU System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
5) Use bridge crane and 2-ton hoist to
remove top end assembly from filter
housing and place it out of the immediate
6) Attach a lifting rig to U-bolts of cartridge
7) Use bridge crane and 2-ton hoist to lift
cartridge cage assembly while slowly
rotating it to overcome O-ring resis-
tance. As assembly clears housing,
attach lines to the assembly to control
movement. Lift assembly vertically
and slowly to prevent damage. Move
assembly away from filter housing,
lower to deck and remove hoist.
d. To install cartridge cage assembly:
1) Check that O-rings on cartridge cage
assembly are in their grooves and
lightly lubricated with silicone-based
lubricant. Install new O-rings if dam-
2) Attach lifting rig to cartridge cage
assembly U-bolts. Use bridge crane
with 2-ton hoist to lift assembly and
guide it over filter housing.
Be careful not to damage 0-ring when
installing cartridge assembly.
3) Carefully lower assembly into the filter
housing. Rotate assembly slightly, if
necessary, to get O-rings into filter
housing without damage.
4) Attach lifting rig to top end of assembly
and lower onto filter housing.
Insert tie rods into tie rod holes and
align camlock connections.