Table 3-3. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for ROWPU System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
Service air cleaner with engine stopped.
m. Check HP pump drive engine air
If red service indicator piston is locked
in, raised position, service air cleaner.
Inspect element after each cleaning. If
exhaust smoke and/or loss of power
continues after service, install new ele-
ment as follows:
1) Open six latches and remove air
cleaner cover and element.
2) Cover air inlet opening to prevent
foreign objects from entering
3) Wipe filter housing and cover clean.
4) Before reinstalling filter, tap it gently
on a hard surface to remove dirt
5) Remove covering from air inlet
Arrows on the side of the element indicate
direction of air flow. Ensure element is
6) Install either new or cleaned filter
7) Install air cleaner cover and secure
8) Reset red service indicator by
pushing in the reset button.