Table 4-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for ROWPU System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
1) Remove tank lid and fill with 25 gal of
drinking water from fill hose attached
to bib in void 2 port above holding
2) Add two cans (14 lbs) of sulphuric
acid to water in tank for acid flush.
3) Turn valve CU3 to position A, ACID.
Turn valve CU5 to position B, ACID.
Open valve CU 17. Make sure valve
CU 16 is open.
4) Turn function switch on control cabi-
net to FLUSH.
5) Descale until all visible signs of scale
are gone from anodes (cells), approxi-
mately 5 minutes, then turn function
switch to OFF/RESET.
Sump tank pump automatically empties
sump tank. Level switch in sump tank
starts and stops sump pump.
6) Turn valve CU5 to position A, DRAIN,
to allow solution to drain to sump
7) Remove acid tank lid to observe level
of solution in tank.
8) Turn function switch on control cabi-
net to FLUSH. Acid tank should be
emptied by circulating pump.
9) When acid tank is empty, turn func-
tion switch to OFF/RESET.
10) Close valve CU17 and CU3 to B.
11) Replace lid on acid tank.