Table 5-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Drinking Water System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
Check water filter cartridge - replace if
necessary as follows:
Allow water to flow Into drain deck.
1) Close drinking water system valves
DW5 and DW17.
2) Unscrew filter, install new filter car-
tridge and replace filter.
3) Open valves DW5 and DW17.
Operate each valve through its cycle of
Lubricate discharge pump bearings using
lithium, lithium soda, or calcium base
Check vent valves on storage and
reserve tanks located on top of deck-
house for clogging and corrosion. Clean
or replace as follows:
1) On face of valve, remove three cap
screws holding cap in place.
2) Carefully remove cap, protective
mesh, space ring, and flame screen
from valve body.
3) Clean all these components with soap
and water, using a stiff brush if neces-
4) Replace in air escape body in reverse
order as removed.
5) Tighten three cap screws holding cap
Drain tanks and flush level indicator with
potable drinking water. This prevents
magnetic buildup and subsequent errors
Check storage and reserve tank for
Class III leaks.
leaks. Repair or replace as necessary.
Change 1 5-5/(5-6 blank)