Table 6-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Shore Discharge System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
Use Mobil Oil Co. Mobilux #2, Shell Oil Co.
Alvania #2, Exxon Beacon 325, Standard Oil
Company of California, Chevron SR1 No. 2,
or some military equivalent lithium-based
grease unless a special grease is recom-
mended on the motor nameplate.
a. Lubricate hydraulic power unit electric
motor as follows:
1) Replace one pipe plug on one end
shield with grease fitting.
2) Remove other pipe plug for grease
3) Using a low-pressure grease, pump in
grease until new grease appears at
grease relief hole.
4) Remove grease fitting and replace
5) Repeat steps a thru d on other end
6) After lubricating both end shields,
allow motor to run for 10 minutes
before replacing relief plug.
b. Lubricate hydraulic power unit motor/
pump coupling as follows:
Electric motors have a tendency to run hot
and stop due to overload. Allow motor to
start automatically after it cools off.
1) Remove both grease plugs.
2) Insert grease fitting in one of the
grease plug holes.
3) Fill until excess No. 2 bearing grease
or military equivalent grease comes
out of opposite hole.
4) Replace both grease plugs.