Table 7-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Compressed Air System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
· For less than 12 hour shutdown:
1. Turn AUTO-MANUAL switch on
electric controller to MANUAL.
2. Push electric controller STOP
3. Close main supply valve on
forward end of receiver by turning
handle at right angle to pipe.
4. Follow procedures a through d
· For extended shutdown - 12 hours or
more follow procedures e through m
Drain filters 1 and 2 by opening drain
valves on bottom of filters.
Close drain valves when water and mois-
ture have drained.
Weekly or after every 40 hours of equipment
operation (whichever occurs first).
Barge 1. Clean compressor air filter by
the following procedures.
1) Redtag power panel circuit breaker
3P5 indicating. WARNING - DO NOT
ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE."
2) Shut down air compressor system.
3) Unscrew by turning clockwise oil
cover nut on top of air intake assem-
bly on top of compressor.
4) Remove oil seal and oil cover.
Change 1 7-17