Table 7-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Compressed Air System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
i. Barges 2 and 3 compressor air intake fil-
ters. Clean and replace as described in
paragraph 3-7.3.b if the time between
deaning has been extended to every
j. Compressor oil change (Barge 1). When
oil change is required as part of semian-
nual maintenance services, perform
1) Shut down air compressor system.
2) Redtag power panel 1 circuit breaker
3P5 indicating, 'WARNING - DO NOT
ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE."
3) Unscrew oil drain plug and gasket and
drain oil into container.
4) While oil is draining, remove oil cover
nut, seal, and oil cover.
5) Upon completion of draining, install oil
drain plug with new gasket.
6) Add oil down oil tube until level can be
seen in lower half of sight glass.
7) Install oil cover, seal, and oil cover nut.
Tighten nut hand tight.
8) Start air compressor system.
9) When compressor is operating, check
drain plug and oil cover for leaks
(see paragraph 2-1.4). Tighten as
10) Remove red tag from power panel 1
circuit breaker 3P5.
k Check overall operation of system by
going thru prestart, start, and operating
procedures. Shut down system and
repair or replace components as
necessary. Notify shift leader or barge-
master of operating discrepancies.