Table 17-4. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services
for Workboat, Lifesaving, and Firefighting System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
9) Operate pump; switch to run; adjust
engine speed to obtain desired dis-
10) Operate pump for 1 minute; inspect for
Class III leaks.
leaks, unusual noises, and vibrations.
11) Slow engine speed to idle and push
primer button; observe discharge at
primer pump; allow primer pump to
run for 30 or 45 seconds to flush out;
release primer button.
12) Shut discharge valve.
13) Stop engine by disconnecting fuel
hose on suction side and allowing
engine to run until excess fuel is
14) Depressurize and remove fuel tank.
15) Check oil level in priming pump oiler; fill
if necessary. Switch engine control to
OFF position, then push both starter
and priming buttons to oil priming for
storage. Hold both buttons for
approximately 5 seconds. Release
16) Disconnect hoses and fittings.
17) Drain pump by opening pump drain
valve fully counterclockwise.
18) Dry unit, replace caps on all openings;
close pump drain valve.
19) Stow pump hoses and connectors.