Table 17-4. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services
for Workboat, Lifesaving, and Firefighting System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
The priming pump oiler should be filled full
to provide oil for priming operation.
3) If oil level is below full, add oil per Mili-
tary Specification MIL-L-46152 until
oil level reaches full.
p. Check and adjust the carburetor as
1) Shut down the pump and tag "OUT
Fuel adjustment screws must be bot-
tomed lightly. Do not force.
2) Turn idle fuel and main fuel adjust-
ment screws clockwise until they bot-
3) Turn idle fuel and main fuel adjustment
screws counterclockwise one turn.
The carburetor is now adjusted slightly to
the rich side. If a leaner adjustment is
required, turn adjustment screws clock-
wise 1/8 of a turn.
q. Annually or when starting is difficult,
remove each spark plug and inspect as
1) Shut down pump and tag "OUT OF
2) Remove spark plug cables from spark