Table 17-4. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services
for Workboat, Lifesaving, and Firefighting System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
6) Loosen the stator assembly mounting
screws through the holes in the fly-
wheel. To correct timing, rotate the
stator assembly as required (clock-
wise to retard the timing; counter-
clockwise to advance the timing).
7) Tighten the stator assembly mounting
8) Install lower fan pulley, fan belt, and
secure with three hexhead bolts.
9) Install retractable starter and secure
with three hexhead bolts.
10) Remove the "OUT OF SERVICE" tag.
s. Check the water seal annually or when
Class III leaks.
the water seal is leaking, as follows:
1) Shut down the pump and tag "OUT
Water seal is spring loaded.
2) Remove section head and hose
3) Remove and discard gasket.
4) Remove impeller screw, washer, and
5) Screw a 5/8-11 X 2-1/2 in long hex
head bolt into impeller untilsnug, then
continue screwing in bolt until impeller
6) Remove water seal and inspect for
Seal is worn or
wear and/or defects.
7) If damge is indicated, install new