Figure 5-27. Rocker Arm Shaft Bracket.
c. Cam Follower Removal (Cylinder Head Installed)
(1) For removal of push rod, push rod spring, spring seats and cam followers a push rod removal tool must be
(2) Loosen push rod locknut at upper end of push rod, next to clevis, and unscrew rocker arm from push rod to
be removed. Remove locknut from the push rod.
(3) Install removal tool and flat washer on push rod. Screw nut down on end of push rod, to compress push
(4) Remove spring retainer from cylinder head with a screwdriver.
(5) Unscrew nut at outer end of push rod, thus reteasing push rod spring.
(6) Pull push rod (Figure 5-28), upper spring seat, spring, lower spring seat and cam follower out of cylinder