h. Refer to Figure 5-38 and install fluid cooling lines as follows:
(1) Check for burrs and nicks on fluid couplings and remove prior to installation of the lines.
(2) Install 1 inch ID fluid outlet on side of converter 90° from top center.
There are two ports on the side of the converter. The rearward port is 90° from top center and is
the outlet port. The forward port is 60° from top center and is the inlet port.
(3) Install 1 inch ID fluid inlet line in torque converter in forward port located 60° from top center.
i. Install converter pressure lines between fluid cooler, reservoir and converter as follows:
The converter pressure lines are 3/8 inch OD.
(1) Install line from fluid reservoir to filter on suction side of charging pump.
(2) Install line from suction filter to charging pump.
(3) Install line from main fluid filter to converter. This line enters converter at inlet provided next to fluid inlet
(4) Install a second line from outlet side of main fluid filter to converter fluid pressure gage.
(5) Install line from highest point of fluid system to orifice assembly.
5-84 Clutch assembly removal and inspection
a. After removal of torque converter assembly, paragraph 5-57, place torque converter on firm blocking with clutch
b. Remove 24 nuts and lockwashers that mate clutch housing to converter housing.
c. Using jack screws in three tapped holes provided separate clutch housing from converter housing.
Safety glasses must be worn when using high pressure air or serious eye damage can occur.