(5) Remove blower rotor timing gears as follows:
(a) Remove bolt, lockwasher, and retainer securing timing gear to right-hand helix rotor shaft. Then
remove bolt, lockwasher, and fuel pump coupling disc securing other timing gear to left-hand helix rotor shaft.
(b) Back out center screw of both gear pullers and secure pullers to gears with 5/16 inch-24 x 1 1/2
Both gears must be pulled from the rotor shafts at the same time.
(c) With shop towels between blower rotors and housing to prevent from turning, turn puller screws
uniformly clockwise and pull gears from rotor shafts.
(d) Remove shims from rotor shafts or inner face of gears, and note number and thickness of shims
used with each gear.
(6) Remove bolts and lockwashers securing rotor shaft bearing retainers to both front and rear end plates.
(7) Remove blower rear end plate and bearing assembly from blower housing and rotors with two pullers as
(a) Remove two fillisterhead screws securing rear end plate to blower housing, and loosen two
fillisterhead screws securing front end plate to housing approximately three turns.
(b) Back out center screws of pullers far enough to permit flange of each puller to lay flat on face of
(c) Secure pullers to end plate with six 1/4 inch-20 x 1 1/4 inch bolts.
Be sure that the 1/4 inch-20 bolts are threaded all the way into the tapped holes in the end plate to
eliminate possible damage to the end plate.
(d) Turn two puller screws uniformly clockwise and withdraw end plate and bearings from blower
housing and rotors.
(8) Remove blower front end plate in same manner as described above.
(9) Withdraw blower rotors from housing.