Table B-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for ROWPU System (Continued)
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
IS NOT READY/
A D W M Q
a. Check RO block for cracks and leaks.
Class III leaks.
When replacement of pressure tube
seals is necessary, notify shift leader or
b. Spray end cap on RO block with silicone
spray to protect against rust.
c. Check system wiring for damage and
loose connections. Tighten or replace as
d. If the HP pump diesel engine is operating:
1) Position valve RO15 from product
water flow to overboard flow.
2) Gradually reduce HP pump diesel
engine throttle setting to IDLE. Leave
3) Open throttle valve RO7.
4) Stop coagulant pump and inhibitor
pump at control station by setting ON/
OFF switches to OFF
e. Clean RO block membrane:
Wear safety goggles or face shield and
rubber gloves while replacing chemical
agent drums. Immediately wash off
agent that contacts skin. If agent touches
eyes, immediately flush eyes at eye wash
station. Wash spills with water. Dry mop
to prevent slipping.
1) Install full drum of membrane cleaning
2) Close valve RO13 on hose connected
to large threaded drum bunghole.
3) Disconnect hose containing valve
4) Close valve RO14 on hose connected
to small threaded drum bunghole.