Table B-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for ROWPU System (Continued)
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
IS NOT READY/
A D W M Q
4) Clean oil breather element with dry-
cleaning solvent, type 2 (A-A-7'11).
5) Install oil breather element on body.
6) Install oil breather top, flatwasher,
lockwasher, and wingnut.
a. Grease RO block throttling valve R07 as
1) Clean grease from RO block throttling
valve R07 using a clean, lint-free
2) Use hand pump grease gun to pump
grease (MIL-G-10924) into bearings
until grease appears.
3) Wipe off excess grease.
a. Check alternator belt for looseness,
Alternator belt is
frays or cracks. Replace as necessary.
If loose, adjust as follows:
1) Remove three nuts, bolts, lockwash-
ers, and flatwashers. Remove alterna-
2) Place straight edges from vibration
damper pulley to alternator pulley
b. Check alternator for loose mounting
hardware and wire connections. Tighten
or replace as necessary.
c. Check for damaged alternator.
If necessary, replace as follows:
To prevent electric shock, ensure battery
is disconnected before performing this