Stop HP pump as follows:
(1) Depress inner button on speed control and push forward to idle setting.
(2) Open throttling valve RO7 and product water overboard valves RO20 and RO21 to allow product water
to flow overboard through void 3 port overboard discharge. Close valves RO15 to stop product water
from flowing to drinking water storage tanks.
Do not immediately stop engine. Operating engine for 5 minutes at low idle
allows hot areas to cool and turbocharger to slow down while still maintaining oil
pressure on the turbine shaft.
(3) Idle engine for about 5 minutes.
(4) Push shutdown lever forward to stop engine (Figure 3-2).
Stop coagulant pump by turning ON/OFF switch (Figure 3-1) to OFF.
Stop inhibitor pump by turning ON/OFF switch (Figure 3-1) to OFF.
Stop seawater pump by turning OFF/ON/START switch (Figure 3-1) to OFF
Perform after operation maintenance procedures.
General. The barge has two emergency shutdown modes. One mode shuts down individual systems such as
the ventilation system or a diesel HP pump, and the other shuts down all barge operating systems.
Both modes are activated by pushing a red button protected by a metal guard. On individual system shutdowns,
either fuel or electrical power is shut off to that system only. On total shutdown, all fuel and electrical power is shut off to
all operating systems.
Seven red system shutdown buttons are located on the ROWPU space starboard bulkhead just aft of the personnel
door. These system shutdown buttons (Figure 3-8) control shore power, ventilation system, ROWPU 1 diesel HP pump,
ROWPU 2 diesel HP pump, ship auxiliary generator, ship service generator 2, and ship service generator 1.
Six red total shutdown buttons are located as follow:
(1) On ROWPU space starboard bulkhead aft of personnel door, above and forward of system shutdown buttons.
(2) Outside ROWPU space starboard door on weatherdeck.
(3) Outside ROWPU space port door on weatherdeck.
(4) Inside ROWPU space port door to weatherdeck.
(5) Outside dayroom door to weatherdeck.
(6) Inside dayroom door to weatherdeck.