Supply drinking water as follows
(1) At dayroom sink, open valve DW5 and open faucet
(2) At dayroom fountain, open valves DW5 and DW5A (on Barges 2 and 3 only) and operate fountain.
(3) At ROWPU and deckhouse top washdown stations, open bib at each station
(4) At shower on bow weatherdeck, open valve on showerhead
(5) At chlorination unit, open valve as directed by procedures In TM 55-1930209-14&P-4.
If system will be shut down for less than 12 hours and personnel will remain onboard'
(1) Stop ROWPU systems according to procedures in TM 55-1930-209-14&P-3 to stop drinking water from flowing
into storage tanks
(2) Stop shore discharge pumps by positioning motor controller HAND/OFF/AUTO switch to OFF
(3) When an onboard water supply is not required, stop pressure set by positioning Its motor controller
HAND/OFF/AUTO switch to OFF
If system will be shutdown for more than 12 hours but less than 7 days and personnel will not be onboard:
(1) Perform steps (1) thru (3) in step a
(2) Open switchboard circuit breakers P9 (shore discharge pump 1) and P15 (shore discharge pump 2)
(3) Open power panel 1 circuit breaker 11 P5
3-12.1. General. The barge has two emergency shutdown modes One mode shuts down Individual systems such as the
drinking water system or a diesel high pressure pump, and the other shuts down all barge operating systems
Both systems are operated by pushing a red button protected by a metal guard On system shutdowns, either fuel or
electrical power is shut off to that system only On total shutdown, all fuel and electrical power is shut off to all operating
Emergency system shutdown red buttons are on the ROWPU space starboard bulkhead just aft of the personnel
door These seven emergency system shutoff buttons (Figure 3-7) control shore power, ventilation systems, ROWPU 1
diesel high pressure pump, ROWPU 2 diesel high pressure pump, ship auxiliary generator, ship service generator 1, ship
service generator 2
Emergency total shutdown red buttons are located as follows
On ROWPU space starboard bulkhead aft of personnel door, above and forward of row of system emergency
Outside ROWPU space starboard door on weatherdeck
Outside ROWPU space port door on weatherdeck.
Inside ROWPU space port door to weatherdeck
Outside dayroom door to weatherdeck
Inside dayroom door to weatherdeck