(5) Install terminal cover.
(6) Retouch or paint motor in accordance with TB 43-0144
(7) Return discharge pump to normal operation Make sure rotation is as indicated on Identification plate
4-7.2.2. Pressure set
Before servicing water pressure set, disconnect power, release all pressure, and drain all liquids from system. Redtag
motor controller with:
WARNING - DO NOT ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE.
(1) Make sure pressure set motor controller is electrically dead
(a) Open (OFF) power panel 1 circuit breaker 11P5 to disconnect power to motor controller
(b) On motor controller, open main switch (Figure 3-1) and redtag controller with WARNING - DO NOT
ACTIVATE REPAIRS BEING MADE
(2) Close drinking water valves DW11, DW13, DW16, and DW17
(3) Place container under piping and disconnect piping
(4) Disconnect electrical wiring and tag each wire indicating where it is connected
(5) Remove mounting bolts and remove pressure set
b. Cleaning and inspection
(1) Wipe exterior of pressure set with rag soaked with an approved solvent Clean terminals and wipe wires with
lint-free cloth or electrician's brush moistened with an approved solvent
(2) Visually Inspect for damage. Inspect for burned, bent, loose, corroded or otherwise damaged terminals
Inspect wiring for breaks, loose connections or other obvious damage Repair as necessary
c. Disassembly and repair
(1) Air volume control replacement
(a) After releasing air pressure, remove plastic tubing from ejector body and from air volume control
(b) Remove air volume control and replace with new control Make sure orifice of control is iIn down
(c) Connect new tubing to air volume control and ejector body
(2) Pump rotary seal assembly replacement (Figure 4-1)
Rotary seal assembly must be handled carefully to avoid damaging precision lapped faces of sealing components.
(a) Disengage pump body from mounting frame
(b) Unscrew impeller from motor shaft
These motors have two flats between pump and motor so that the shaft can be held by an open end wrench to facilitate
easy impeller and seal removal.
(c) Detach mounting frame from motor Carbon seal face, friction ring, and brass and spring shell of rotary
seal assembly will come loose at this time.