CHECK FOR AND HAVE
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
IS NOT READY
B D A
D W M Q S
Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Compressed Air System (Continued)
B - Before
D - Daily
Q - Quarterly
D - During
S - Semiannually
A - After
M - Monthly
A - Annually
Air filter 1. When pressure regulators
indicate dirt and grit in the system and
for semiannual PMCS, perform the
1) Shut down air compressor system.
2) Redtag power panel 1 circuit breaker
3P5 indicating: WARNING - DO NOT
ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE."
3) Manually, without using a wrench,
unscrew ring nut attaching bowl guard
and plastic filter bowl to filter head and
remove guard, bowl, and bowl gasket.
4) Unscrew filter element screw and
carefully remove lower baffle, gasket,
filter element, gasket, shroud, and
upper baffle. Place them on clean
cloth in the sequence shown.
5) Wash filter element in soap and water,
rinse, and allow to dry. Replace ele-
ment (NSN 4330-00-803-1028) if
cracked, chipped, or deformed or if
unable to clean to original color.
6) Wash filter bowl and all other parts
with soapy water. Rinse and dry with
7) Inspect each part and replace any
damaged or worn parts using bowl kit
(CAGEC 04049, P/N 36017-BKF-329).
8) Assemble parts in sequence on the fil-
ter element screw. Screw filter ele-
ment screw into filter head.
9) Carefully install plastic filter bowl,
guard, and gasket. Then secure to fil-
ter head with ring nut. Tighten hand-
tight without using a wrench.
10)Start air compression system. Check
for and correct any deficiencies.
11)Remove red tag from power panel 1
circuit breaker 3P5.