Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Electrical Power Systems (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
H - Hourly Interval
Item to be
Check for and have repaired
or adjusted as necessary
9) When coolant is at proper level and
level stabilizes, replace radiator cap.
n. Check tubes in heat exchanger expan-
sion tank for scaling.
1) If obstructed or scaled, clean tubes by
passing a rod slightly smaller than the
internal tube bore thru the tubes. Do
not use excessive force.
2) If expansion tank tubes are so
clogged that a rod cannot be passed
thru them, completely remove the
core and clean by boiling in a caustic
soda solution or with a commercial
cooling system cleaner.
3) Reassemble the heat exchanger and
o. Remove red tag from generator switch-
a. Service primary and final fuel filters by
performing the following:
1) Redtag affected SSG on switchboard
panel indicating, WARNING - DO
NOT ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING
2) Shut off fuel tank supply valve on
3) Loosen nut on top center of primary
filter body. Lower filter case.
4) Remove filter element. Wash both ele-
ment and filter case in clean, non-
5) Reinstall element in reverse order.
6) Remove and discard final filter ele-
ment by turning from left to right
7) Remove all old gasket material. Clean
gasket sealing surface in filter mount.