Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Electrical Power Systems (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
H - Hourly Interval
Item to be
Check for and have repaired
or adjusted as necessary
8) Lubricate gasket of new filter with
9) Install new filter and tighten by hand
until gasket contacts base. Then
tighten 1/2 to 3/4 turn more.
b. Prime engine fuel system by performing
1) Move governor control to OFF.
2) Open vent valve on fuel injection
pump housing and spread spill cloths
to absorb fuel from vent valve.
3) Unlock fuel priming pump by turning
knurled knob counterclockwise. Oper-
ate priming pump until fuel flows from
vent valve in a continuous stream
4) Close vent valve. Lock fuel priming
pump by turning knurled knob dock-
wise. Clean any spilled fuel oil.
5) Move governor control to RUN.
If engine misfires or has excessive exhaust
smoke, further bleeding of fuel system Is
necessary. Loosen fuel lines at the cylinder
head and crank engine until fuel flows free
of air bubbles. Tighten fuel lines. Clean any
spilled fuel oil.
Change air cleaner element. Instead of
cleaning old element, replace with new
d. Lubricate fan bearing fitting NLGL No. 2
Grade Multipurpose-type Grease.
e. Remove red tag from SSG switchboard