Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Electrical Power Systems (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
H - Hourly Interval
Item to be
Check for and have repaired
or adjusted as necessary
5) Using flywheel Engine Turning Tool
5P7307, turn the flywheel to close
No. 1 exhaust and inlet valves, align-
ing plug hole in the flywheel housing
with the hole in the flywheel. The
engine is now on Number 1 Top Cen-
ter Compression Stroke.
6) Install a 63.5 mm (2 112 in) long
9.40 mm (3/8 in) NC bolt into the
flywheel through the flywheel housing.
7) Measure the lash for the valves
shown in the Compression Stroke
Charts. If valve clearance is
within i .003 in (0.07 mm of the clear-
ance given), adjustment is not
required. d clearance is not within
these limits, adjust the valves.
8) Remove the timing bolt from the fly-
9) Rotate the flywheel 3600 and install
the timing boy in the flywheel.
10) Measure the ash for the valves shown
in the Exhaust Stroke Charts.
11) Remove bolt from flywheel and install
plug in flywheel housing.
12) Remove the engine turning group and
install the staring motor.
13) To adjust valves, loosen the locknut on
the adjusting screw.