Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Electrical Power Systems (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
H - Hourly Interval
Item to be
Check for and have repaired
or adjusted as necessary
14) Turn the adjusting screw to obtain the
proper valve lash.
15) Hold the adjusting screw and tighten
the locknut to 29 ± 7 Nom
(21 ± 5 lb/ft).
16) Measure the valve lash and adjust as
17) After adjusting valve lash, and before
installing the valve cover, start the
engine and run at low idle.
18) Watch the valve rotocoils for rotation.
19) Each valve rotocoil should turn slightly
each time the valve opens. I a valve
fails to rotate, IDS/IGS maintenance
should remove valves and make nec-
20) Stop the engine. Inspect the valve
cover gasket. Use a new gasket if the
used gasket is damaged.
21) Install the valve cover. Tighten bolts to
11±3 Nm (8±2 lb/ft).
a. Lubricate inboard and rear bearings as
1) Redtag affected SSG on switchboard
panel indicating, WARNING - DO
NOT ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING
2) To lubricate the rear bearing, remove
the two lower panels from the rear of
the generator housing and:
(a) Remove the upper and lower
grease fitting plugs.
(b) Install a grease fitting in the upper