TM 55-1930 209 14&P-91
Table C-1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Electrical Power Systems (Continued)
B - Before
D - During
A - After
H - Hourly Interval
Item to be
Check for and have repaired
or adjusted as necessary
b. R engine runs cooler or warmer than normal
or engine coolant temperature fluctuates
, check thermostat. Perform the
1) Remove water connection between
header tank and exhaust manifold by
loosening both hose clips and sliding
hose toward exhaust manifold.
2) Remove two setscrews holding water
pipe to header tank
3) Remove setscrews holding top cover
on thermostat housing. Remove cover
and lift out thermostat.
4) Place thermostat in container of water
and gradually heat. With an accurate
thermometer, check water temperature
at frequent intervals. Valve should
start to open at temperature stamped
on top face of thermostat next to valve
5) If thermostat test shows it is opening
and dosing at designated temperature
, reinstall in housing in reverse order of
6) If thermostat does not open and close
at designated temperature. install new
thermostat in reverse order of removal.
Air Intake Filter
Every 125 hours of option or every 3
months (whichever comes first).
a Clean air intake filter.
1) Redtag auxiliary generator switch-
board control panel Indicating,
WARNING - DO NOT ACTIVATE.
REPAIRS BEING MADE.
2) Remove air cleaner cover and filter