Engine Crankcase-Change Oil and Filter (Turbocharged)
Use caution when draining oil or changing filters.
Hot oil or components can cause burns if they con-
Engine stopped and the oil warm.
2. Wipe the dirt from the oil filter housing.
4. Clean the filter base. Make sure all of old gas-
ket is removed.
1. Remove the crankcase oil drain plug, and al-
low the oil to drain.
3. Remove and discard the filter.
5. Install the new filter. Hand tighten the filter an
additional 3/4 turn after the gasket contacts the
The filter may have index marks spaced 90°
apart. These marks should be used when tighten-
ing the new filter an additional 3/4 turn.