Troubleshooting can be difficult. On the following pages there is a list of possible
problems. To make a repair to a problem, make reference to the cause and correction.
The list of problems, causes and corrections will only give an indication of where a
possible problem can be, and what repairs are needed. Normally, more or other repair work is
needed beyond the recommendations in the list. Remember that a problem is not normally
caused only by one part, but by the relation of one part with other parts. This list can not give all
possible problems and corrections. The serviceman must find the problem and its source, then
make the necessary repairs.
Engine Will Not Turn When Start Switch Is On.
Engine Will Not Start.
Misfiring Or Running Rough.
Stall At Low rpm.
Sudden Changes In Engine rpm.
Not Enough Power.
Too Much Vibration.
Loud Combustion Noise.
Loud Noise (Clicking) From Valve Compartment.
10. Oil In Cooling System.
11. Mechanical Noise (Knock) In Engine.
12. Fuel Consumption Too High.
13. Loud Noise From Valves Or Valve Operating
14. Little Movement Of Rocker Arm And Too Much
15. Valve Rotocoil Or Spring Lock Is Free.
16. Oil At The Exhaust.
17. Little Or No Valve Clearance.
18. Engine Has Early Wear.
19. Coolant In Lubrication Oil,
20. Too Much Black Or Gray Smoke.
21. Too Much White Or Blue Smoke.
22. Engine Has Low Oil Pressure.
23. Engine Uses Too Much Lubrication Oil.
24. Engine Coolant Is Too Hot.
25. Exhaust Temperature Is Too High.
26. Starter Motor Does Not Turn.
27. Alternator Gives No Charge.
28. Alternator Charge Rate Is Low Or Not Regular.
29. Alternator Charge Is Too High.
30. Alternator Has Noise.
31. Rack Solenoid Does Not Stop Engine.