Disassembly and Assembly
Fuel Injection Pumps
Remove Fuel Injection Pumps
a. remove governor
1. Remove the bolts and the plate from the side of the
fuel injection pump housing.
2. Install tool (A) in the fuel injection pump housing.
Move the rack-until tool (A) can be installed to hold the
rack in the center position. The rack must be in the
center position to remove the fuel injection pumps.
3. Use tool (B) to remove bushing (1) from the fuel
Injection pump housing.
4. Remove the O-ring seal from the fuel injection pump
NOTE: Spacers (2) are the same thickness for each fuel
injection pump so they can be mixed. The fuel injection
pump plungers and barrels are sets and can not be
5. Install tool (C) on the bonnet, and remove the fuel
6. Remove spacer (2) from the fuel injection pump
7. Do Steps 3 through 6 to remove the other fuel