Disassembly and Assembly
Fuel Injection Pumps
6. Put clean oil on O-ring seal (6), and install it in the fuel
injection pump housing.
7. Install the bushing by hand until it is even with the top
of the housing. If the bushing can not be installed this far
by hand, remove it. Remove the fuel injection pump, and
put the pump in alignment again, and install the bushing
8. Install tool (C) on the bushing and tighten the bushing
to a torque of 190 + 14 Nem (140 + 10 Ib.ft.).
9. Install tooling (D) to measure total rack travel.
Correct rack travel is 15.7 mm (.618 in.).A smaller
measurement is an indication of incorrect fuel injection
10. Do Steps 1 through 9 again for installation of the
other fuel pumps.
11. Install the cover and gasket on the fuel injection
a. install governor
Disassemble Fuel Injection Pumps
a. remove fuel injection pumps
disassembled. Do not damage the surfaces of the
plungers, barrels and bonnets. Any scratches will
cause leakage inside the fuel injection pump. The
plunger and barrel for each pump are made as a set.
Do not put the plunger of one pump in the barrel of
another pump. If one part has wear, install a
complete new pump assembly. Be careful when the
plunger is put into the bore of the barrel.