Disassembly and Assembly
5. Remove tooling (C) from the fuel injection pump
housing. The rack bearing must be installed so it is 0.25
+ 0.25 mm (0.010 + 0.010 in.) below the surface of the
6. Install camshaft (7) in the fuel injection pump housing.
7. Put the fuel injection pump housing on end, and put a
block under the camshaft.
8. Put washer (9) over the end of the camshaft, and use
tooling (A) and a spacer.(8) that has an inside diameter
of 38.1 mm (1.5 in.) and a length of 31.75 mm (1.250 in.)
to push the washer against its seat on the camshaft.
The camshaft must have 0.285 + 0.235 mm (0.0112 +
0.0093 in.) of end play when the washer is pushed
against the cam shoulder.
9. Use tool (B) to install snap ring (10) in the groove in
If the original lifters are to be installed in the fuel injection
pump housing, be sure they are installed in their original
locations. New lifters are the same and can be mixed.
10. Install six lifters (11) in the fuel injection pump
housing with the groove in the lifter in alignment with the
pin in the housing.