Disassembly and Assembly
Oil Filter Base
Disassemble Oil Filter Base 1306-015
a. remove oil filter and oil filter base
1. Remove O-ring seals (1) from the oil filter base.
2. Remove bolts (2), covers (3) and the gaskets from
the oil filter base.
3. Remove the spring and plunger from behind both of
Assemble Oil Filter Base 1306-016
NOTE Plunger (1) is for the cooler bypass, and plunger
(7) is for the oil filter bypass.
1. Install plungers (1) and (7) and springs (2) in each
side of the oil filter base.
2. Put gaskets (3) and covers (4) in position on the oil
filter base, and install bolts (5) to hold them.
3. Put clean engine oil on the two O-ring seals that go
between the engine oil cooler and the oil filter base. Put
the O-ring seals in position on the oil filter base.
a. install oil filter and oil filter base