Disassembly and Assembly
Engine Oil Cooler
Remove And Install Engine Oil Cooler
a. remove oil filter and oil filter base
Drain the coolant from the cooling system.
On 3306 Engines, loosen the clamp and remove the
bolts that hold pipe (1) on the rear side of the oil cooler.
Remove the pipe and gasket from the engine.
Remove all bolts (4), elbow (5) and the gaskets from
Remove bolts (2), core assembly (3) and
If necessary, loosen clamp (6), and remove bolt (8)
and pipe (7) from the engine.
n 3306 engines, remove the bolts and elbows (9)
and (11) from core assembly (3) Remove O-ring seals
(10) from the elbows
Clean the tube bundles in the core assembly with a
3.18 mm (.125 in.) diameter
On 3306 Engines, install O-ring seals (10) in elbows
(9) and (11). Put the elbows in position on core assembly
(3) as shown, and install the bolts that hold them.
Put pipe (7) in position on the engine, and install the
bolt and clamp that hold It.
10. Put core assembly (3) and the gasket in position on
pipe (2), and install the bolts that hold it.
11. Put the gaskets and elbow (5) in position on the
cylinder block and the core assembly. and install the
bolts that hold it
12. On 3306 Engines, install the gasket and pipe (1).
13. Fill the cooling system with coolant to the correct
level. See the Maintenance Guide
install oil filter base