Disassembly and Assembly
13. Remove the nut and clean the threads of the shaft
and nut with 6V1541 Quick Cure Primer.
14. Put 9S3265 Retaining Compound on the threads of
the shaft and nut. Install the nut, and tighten it to a torque
of 2.3 N-m (20 Ib.in.). Put a mark on the nut and shaft.
Tighten the nut 110° more with tool (D).
15. Check the shaft end play with tool (E). See the
Specifications section for the proper amount of shaft end
play for new and used turbochargers.
16. If the turbine housing was removed from tool (B), put
the turbine housing in position on tool (B).
17. Put the housing and wheels in position in the turbine
housing respective to the alignment marks put on the
housings at disassembly.
18. Put 5P3931 Anti-Seize Compound on the threads of
bolts (9). Install the clamps, lockplates and the bolts (9).
Tighten the bolts to a torque of 13 + 1.7 N-m (115 + 15
Ib.in.). Bend the lockplates against the bolt heads.
19. Put compressor housing (10) in position on the
backplate assembly respective to the alignment marks
on the housing and backplate assembly at disassembly.
20. Install the clamps, lockplates and bolts that hold the
compressor housing in place. Tighten the bolts to a
torque of 13 + 1.7 Nom (115 + 15 Ib.in.). Bend the
lockplates against the bolt heads.
21. Remove the turbocharger from tool (B).