Disassembly and Assembly
Remove Aftercooler 1063-011
1. Drain the coolant from the engine.
2. Remove pipe (1) and the gasket between aftercooler
cover (2) and the turbocharger. If necessary, remove the
O-ring seals from the pipe.
3. Remove the bolts and clamps that hold tube
assemblies (3) to each end of the aftercooler. Remove
tube assemblies (3) from each end of the aftercooler. If
necessary, remove the 0-ring seals from the tube
NOTE: An O-ring seal on each end of the aftercooler
core holds the adapters in position.
4. Remove adapters (4) and the gaskets from each end
of the aftercooler.
5. Remove all bolts (5) that hold aftercooler cover (2) in
position. Remove the aftercooler cover and gasket from
6.Remove aftercooler core (6) and the gasket from the
engine. If necessary, remove the O-ring seals from the
NOTE: Two of the bolts that hold the aftercooler housing
in position are on the Inside of the aftercooler housing.
7. Remove the bolts and spacers that hold aftercooler
housing (7) to the engine. Make a note of the location of
the spacers. Remove the aftercooler housing and
gaskets from the engine.
Install Aftercooler 1063-012
NOTE: Inspect all O-ring seals and gaskets, and make
replacements if necessary.