Disassembly and Assembly
Rocker Shaft Assembly
Disassemble Rocker Shaft Assembly
a. remove rocker shaft assembly and push rods
1. Remove O-ring seal (1) from the rear support bracket.
NOTE: A replacement of the O-ring seal must be made
each time the head bolt is removed from the rear support
2. Remove retainer ring (6), washer (5), spring (4) and
washers (3) from each end of the rocker shaft. Make a
note of the number of washers (3) used at each end of
the shaft. Remove rocker arms (2) from each end of the
rocker shaft. All the rocker arms, springs, washers and
brackets, except the rear support bracket, can be
removed from the shaft.
3. Remove the pin from the rear support bracket with a
hammer and punch. Remove rear support bracket (7)
from the shaft.
4. Remove the plugs from each end of the shaft if
Assemble Rocker Shaft Assembly
1. Install rocker arms (5), brackets (1), washers (4) and
springs (2) on the rocker shaft.
2. Install rear support bracket (6) on the rocker shaft.
Make sure the hole in the rear support bracket is in
alignment with the hole in the rocker shaft.
3. Put pin (3) in position in the bracket.