Engine Disassembly and Assembly
Pistons And Connecting Rods
Remove Pistons And Connecting Rods 1225-011
a. remove cylinder head assembly and spacer plate
b. remove oil pan plate
c. remove oil pump
1. Remove the carbon ring and lip from the inner
surface of the cylinder liner.
2. Turn the crankshaft until two of the pistons are at
bottom center. Remove the nuts and bolts (1) from the
connecting rods that are at bottom center. Remove
connecting rod caps (2), and put identification marks on
them for installation purposes.
Do not let the connecting rods hit the crankshaft or
the bottom edge of the cylinder liners when the
pistons are removed.
3. Push the connecting rods and pistons away from the
crankshaft until the piston rings are out of the cylinder
liners. Remove the two pistons from the engine.
4. Keep each connecting rod cap with its respective
connecting rod and piston. Put identification marks on
each piston as to its location in the engine.
5. Do Steps 1 through 4 for the removal of the remaining