Engine Disassembly and Assembly
Pistons And Connecting Rods
6. Put 6V3029 Spacer (11) in the base plate. Put the
connecting rod on the base plate of tooling (B).
7. Put the connecting rod piston pin bearing end in the
center of the port assembly of tooling (B). Install pin (6)
in the center of the bore for the connecting rod bearing.
8. Install 6V2049 Adapter (9). Put the hole in the
adapter in alignment with the hole in the base plate of
9. Install clamp bar (10) and clamp pin (7).
NOTE : The old bearing is pushed out by tooling (B) as
the new bearing is installed.
10. Put 5P8645 Pusher Adapter (8) in position as shown
with the taper side down. The piston pin bearing joint
must be in alignment with the hole in adapter (9) and the
base plate of tooling (B).
11. Put pusher (4) on adapter (8). 12. Use tooling (B)
to push the new piston pin bearing (5) into the
connecting rod until adapter (8) of tooling (B) makes full
contact with the connecting rod surface. 13. Remove
the connecting rod and the old piston pin bearing from
14. Check the piston pin bearing bore diameter after the
bearing is installed. The correct dimension is 43. 210 +
0. 008 mm (1. 7012 + . 0003 in. ). The maximum
permissible clearance between the bearing and piston
pin (worn) must not be more than 0. 08 mm (. 003 in. ).
Assemble Pistons And Connecting Rods 1225-016
79470 Ring Expander
1. Install connecting rod (4) in the piston with the bearing
tab groove (slot) (1) on the same side as the cutout
(depression) (3) on the head of the piston.
2. Install piston pin (2) and retaining rings (5) in the
3. When old pistons are to be used, clean the piston
grooves with an acceptable piston groove cleaning tool.