Engine Disassembly and Assembly
4. Install the spring for the oil ring. Install the oil ring
with tool (A). The gap in the ring must be approximately
1800 from the ring spring connections.
5. The two compression rings have marks "UP-1" and
"UP-2". The rings must be installed with these marks
toward the top of the piston with "UP-1" as the top ring.
After installation of all three piston rings, put piston rings
in position so the gaps in rings are 1200 apart.
NOTE: Compression rings that do not have identification
can be installed either way. 6. To check the clearance
between the piston ring grooves and rings, see
7. See Specifications to check the clearance between
the ends of the piston rings (end gap).
a. install pistons
Remove Cylinder Liners 1216-011
5P8665 Cylinder Liner Puller
a. . remove pistons and connecting rods
1. Drain the coolant from the cylinder block.
2. Put covers on the journals of the crankshaft for
protection from dirt or water.
3. Remove cylinder liners (1) with tooling (A).
4. Remove the O-ring seals and filler band