Engine Disassembly and Assembly
5. When the cylinder projection is correct, put an
alignment mark on the liner and block so the liner can be
installed in the same position from which it was removed.
NOTE: Cylinder liner projection can be adjusted by the
removal of material from (machining) the contact face of
the cylinder block with the use of the 8S3140 Cylinder
Block Counterboring Tool Arrangement. Machine to a
minimum depth of 0. 76 mm (. 030 in. ) and to a
maximum depth of 1. 14 mm (. 045 in. ). The
instructions for the use of the tool group are in Special
Instruction, Form No. FM055228. Shims are available
for the adjustment of the liner projection. See Cylinder
Liner Projection in Testing And Adjusting for the shim
thickness and part number.
6. Remove tooling (B) and (C). Remove the liner.
7. Put liquid soap on the bottom of the liner bore in the
liner bore in the block, on the grooves in lower liner and
on O-ring seals (4). Install the O-ring seals on the liner.
8. Put filler band (5) in clean SAR 30 oil for a moment,
and install it on the liner. Install the cylinder liner
immediately in the cylinder block (before expansion of
9. Make sure the mark on the liner is in alignment with
the mark on the block. Use tooling (A) to push the liner
10. Do Steps 5 through 9 for the remainder of the
a. install pistons and connecting rods