Disassembly and Assembly
Piston Cooling Orifices
Remove And Install Piston Cooling
a. remove crankshaft
NOTE: On 3304 Engines, the piston cooling orifices are
installed in the No. 2 and 4 main bearing bosses in the
cylinder block. On 3306 Engines, the No. 2 and 6 main
bearing bosses each have two orifices. The No. 3 and 5
replacement is necessary only if they are damaged.
Normally it will only be necessary to be sure the orifices
1. Use a soft punch to remove the orifices from the
2. Use tool (A) to install piston cooling orifice (1) (small
end first). Install the orifices in main bearing bosses until
they are against the counterbore.
3. Make sure that the passage is open after the piston
cooling orifice is installed.
a. install crankshaft
Remove Flywheel 1156-011
1. Install tooling (A) on the flywheel as shown and fasten
a hoist on it.
2. Remove bolts (1) and flywheel (2) from the crankshaft.
The weight of the flywheel Is 72 kg (160 lb.).
3. If necessary, remove the ring gear from the flywheel
with a hammer and punch.