Disassembly and Assembly
Install Flywheel Housing 1157-012
1. Install tooling (A) on the flywheel housing, and fasten a
hoist to it.
2. Put the gasket and flywheel housing in position on the
engine, and install the bolts that hold it. Tighten the bolts
to a torque of 100 + 14 Nom (75 + 10 Ib.ft.).
3. Remove tooling (A) from the flywheel housing.
4. On 3306 Engines, install turbocharger oil drain line (1).
5. Cut the bottom of the flywheel housing gasket off even
with the cylinder block and flywheel housing. Put 3S6252
RTV Silicone Adhesive/Sealant on the bottom of the
gasket where it makes contact with the oil pan plate
6. Remove the spacers from between the oil pan plate
and the cylinder block. Install the bolts that hold the oil
pan plate to the flywheel housing. Tighten the bolts that
hold the oil pan plate to the cylinder block.
a. install crankshaft rear seal and wear sleeve
b. install flywheel
c. install electric starting motor