5. ENGINE OIL LEVEL AND FILL
Check engine oil level daily after operating the engine. The engine must be on level ground to obtain
an accurate oil level reading.
1. Engine stopped. Check oil level. If oil level is between F hashmark and L hashmark, the engine is
safe to operate.
Do not add oil pass F hashmark. Engine damage could
2. Oil level below L hashmark. Add oil as necessary to bring the level between the L hashmark and F
hashmark. DO NOT overfill.
3. Engine running at LOW IDLE. Check oil level after engine is at normal operating temperature. If oil
level is between F hashmark and L hashmark the engine is safe to operate.
4. Oil level below L hashmark. Repeat step 2.
Card 7 of 13