Figure 2-38. Trailer Brake Air Chamber Assembly (ARMY)
2-40. TRAILER BRAKE AIR CHAMBER ASSEMBLY. (Figure 2-38) (ARMY)
(1) Remove cotter pin (1) and clevis pin (2) attaching air chamber assembly clevis (3) to slack adjuster
(2) Remove nuts (5) and washers (6) attaching air chamber assembly (7) to air chamber bracket (8).
b. Installation. (Figure 238)
(1) Position air chamber assembly (7) to air chamber bracket (8).
(2) Install washers (6) and nuts (5).
(3) Align air chamber assembly clevis (3) with slack adjuster (4) and install clevis pin (2). Install cotter pin
(1) to secure clevis pin (2).
(1) Check the travel of the air chamber assembly push rod assembly when brakes are applied.
(2) Push rod assembly travel must be kept at a minimum without brakes dragging.
All brake adjustments must be made with the wheels jacked up.
(3) If slack is present or push rod travel is extensive, adjust slack adjuster at adjusting screw located on
the slack adjuster.