Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(1) Clean pump motor and pump with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD-680, then allow to air dry.
(2) Clean spacer plate and prepare for repainting, if necessary.
(3) Clean motor, cable, and pump frame with steel brush or mild soap, as needed.
(4) Clean threads on hardware nipples and hose connections.
(5) Wipe cable and cable terminals with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
Check cable for breaks in insulation and rubber cover.
Check cable ends for bare wire between insulation and terminals and for damaged plugs.
Check motor fan cover for dirt, dents, and peeling paint.
Inspect pump frame for broken welds, bends, and damaged paint.
Check mounting hardware for bent bolt shanks, rust, and damaged threads.
Check for missing pump inlet and outlet port caps.
Check for broken, missing, or damaged cap retainer chains.
Inspect conduit box cover gasket for tears. Replace gasket, if damaged.
f. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace all damaged or worn electrical cables.
(2) Motor fan cover may have dents removed to prevent interference with fan. If damage is severe or
large cracks are present, replace cover.
Pump frame may be rewelded and frame members straightened or replaced.
Replace all damaged screws, nuts, bolts, and washers.
Replace all damaged pipe and pipe fittings.
Replace all gaskets and Orings.
Repaint in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
Replace damaged or unserviceable distribution pump.
Send damaged or unserviceable pump to Direct Support Maintenance for repair.
g. Pump installation.
(1) Place spacer plate (9) (figure 2-43) in frame (10) and align four mounting holes.
(2) Place pump (8) in frame (10) and align four mounting holes of pump (8), spacer plate (9), and frame
(3) Insert four bolts (7) into pump (8), spacer plate (9), and frame (10).
(4) Install four lockwashers (6) and four nuts (5) on bolts (7).
(5) Insert screw (4) into frame (10).
(6) Install two cap chains (3), flat washer (2), and nut (1) on screw (4).