(1) Inspect the replacement chemical pump block/head assembly for proper factory mounting and
(2) Inspect chemical feed adjustment knob to ensure that replacement pump can be adjusted readily to
dial settings between 0 and 10. (ARMY).
(3) Inspect in and cut rubbing connectors to ensure they are not crimped, bent, or broken.
(4) Inspect gasket seats on both sides of replacement assembly.
e. Repair or Replace.
Replace all gaskets.
Replace damaged or unserviceable nuts.
Straighten or replace bent or damaged end plates.
Straighten or replace bent or damaged tie rods.
Polish pitted or scratched gasket seats with very fine emery cloth.
Repair, clean, and inspect feed pump block assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-30. (ARMY)
Repair, clean, and inspect feed pump head assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-31. (USMC)
Repair, clean, and inspect feed pump stroke adjustment control in accordance with paragraph 332.
The chemical feed pump is a delicate piece of equipment. It can
be damaged if dirt or grease gets into the mechanism. Before
beginning reassembly of pump block, make sure work space is
clean and uncluttered. Clean component parts thoroughly before
(1) Install pump block/head assemblies (4) (figures 3-25 and 3-26) and gaskets (3) on tie rods (5). Install
one assembly at a time.