s. Installation, Multimedia Filter Assembly. (Figure 338)
Installation of the multimedia filter assembly requires the use of a
5ton (4.54 tonnes) crane to prevent damage.
(1) Attach two crane hooks to the lifting eyebolts and carefully hoist filter assembly (1) through opening in
top of ROWPU frame.
(2) Lower filter assembly (1) to ROWPU floor and align mounting holes.
(3) Install, but do not tighten, twelve bolts (6) and twelve lockwashers (7)
flange (8) and ROWPU frame.
through filter assembly mounting
(4) Install two bolts (9), lockwashers (10), and nuts (11) on frame structure (12).
Be sure that Orings are properly seated in the union (4) before
(5) Connect three unions (4) to inlet, outlet, and waste drain ports.
(6) Remove crane hooks and crane.
(7) Install, but do not tighten, two stabilizers (5) to lifting eyebolts and ROWPU frame.
(8) Tighten twelve bolts (6) of filter tank mounting flange.
(9) Tighten all mounting hardware, mounting control valve assembly, and piping to mounting bracket of
(10) Tighten two stabilizers (5) from filter tank to ROWPU frame.
(11 ) Remove plug and connect coupling (3) of drain line to filter tank.
(12) Remove plug and connect couplings (2) of vent line in filter tank.
(13) (ARMY) Replace channel section in ROWPU frame by welding in place, using 1/4 inch
(0.64-centimeter) thick aluminum doublers on inside of channel. Doublers will be a minimum of two inches (5.1
t. Installation, Backwash Timer.
(1) Reinstall backwash timer in accordance with paragraph 2-56
(2) Connect power plug.