(1) Remove R.O. pump from R.O. pump stand in accordance with paragraph 2-73.
ROWPU piping and equipment can contain extremely high
pressure during and after operation. If this pressure is not
relieved before working on these pipes or equipment, serious
injury or death may occur. Be sure to open all drains and vents
before beginning any disassembly.
Weight of R.O. pump is 658 pounds (298 kg). Attempting to
move it without proper equipment could cause serious injury.
Use equipment rated at 1 ton (0.91 tonne) or more to move R.O.
(2) Remove eight nuts (1) from suction/discharge assembly (2).
(3) Remove two wingnuts (7) securing barrel cover (8) from studs, then loosen, but do not remove, two
nuts (11 ) securing wiper box gland.
(4) Remove suction/discharge assembly (2) from R.O. pump power frame.
Any nicks on the main plunger body will cause prompt and
frequent packing failure. Apply wrench only to knurled surface of
plunger; handle plunger carefully.
(5) Push rubber baffle disc (12) off knurled surface and carefully unscrew plunger (13) from crosshead
using a wrench on the knurled surface of the plunger.
(6) Slide baffle disc (12) from plunger (13) and remove plunger (13) from pump power frame.
(7) Unscrew and remove gland nut (9) and power frame adapter (10).
Each packing unit consists of a ring with a top and bottom
adapter. These parts may separate during disassembly.
(8) Remove one packing ring (4), lantern ring (5), two more packing rings (4), spring (3), and one throat
bushing (6) from each cylinder bore on suction/discharge assembly. Discard packing rings (4).
c. Dissassembly for Repair. (Figure 4-2)
(1) Remove five valve covers (14) and five valve cover gaskets (15) from suction/discharge assembly (2).
Discard valve cover gaskets (15).
(2) Remove five nuts (16), five retainers (17), five springs (18), five sleeves (19), and five discs (20) from
five seats (21 ).
(3) With the valve seat puller, remove five valve seats (21) from suction/discharge assembly (2).
(4) Remove five cylinder heads (22) and five cylinder head gaskets (23) from suction/discharge assembly
(2). Discard cylinder head gaskets (23).
(5) Repeat steps (2) and (3) to remove five suction valve assemblies. Parts can be removed from the
suction/discharge assembly (2) through the cylinder head opening.
(6) Remove five plugs (24) from suction/discharge assembly (2).