a. Refer to sheet 1 and slide nuts (49), retainers ( 0), bushings (51), bodies (52) and sealing rings (53) on cables (47
and 48). Place the cable wires through the internal hole in the ROWPU box, so the wires extend into the box. Slide
conduit nuts (46) over the cable wires and secure the cables to the box with the conduit nuts. Tighten nuts (49).
b. Refer to sheet 2 and assemble panel (44) as follows:
(1) Secure receptacle (43) to panel (44) with screws (40), nuts (41) and Iockwashers (42).
(2) Install dust cap (39) and secure with screw (38).
(3) Place gasket (37) on harness (36) and insert wires of harness (36) through panel (44). Install dust cap (33) on
harness (36) and secure both with screws (32).
(4) Place gasket (31) on harness (30) and insert wires of harness (30) through panel (44). Install dust cap (27) on
harness (30) and secure both with screws (26).
(5) install MOVs (25) being careful to install each in the location from which it was removed. Secure with screws
(21), nuts (22), lockwashers (23) and sealing washers (24).
(6) Refer to sheet 2 and install gasket (45).
This box contains both 440 VAC and 120 VAC. Serious danger to personnel and
damage to equipment may occur if this wiring is not connected correctly and tightly. If
there is any doubt as where to connect wires, refer to the interconnection diagram in
Appendix I or contact your supervisor.
c. Prop the panel up against the side of the ROWPU, Refer to sheet 3 and install all wires from harnesses J55 (30)
and J57 (36) to MOVs and all wires from cables (47 and 48, sheet 1) to MOVs using screws (12), lockwashers (13) and
Coat ground boss on panel and ground capscrews with corrosion inhibitor paste.
d. Install ground wire (20) and secure withcapscrew (17), lockwasher (18) and washer (19).
Figure 4-38. Raw Water Pump External Electrical Panel Assembly (sheet 3 of 3) Connections