The fan is plastic. Handle carefully during removal to avoid damaging it.
Remove fan end housing (11), rotor (13) and fan (8) as an assembly from stator housing (14).
Disassemble housing, rotor and fan assembly as follows:
There is one hole in fan. Rotate fan to remove second screw.
(1) Remove two screws (9) which attach bearing retainer (10).
(2) Using a suitable puller, remove fan (8) and end housing (11) as a unit. Bearing
Remove bearing (12) using a suitable puller.
(3) Remove bearing retainer (10).
a. If either bearing (7 or 12) is replaced, replace both bearings to prevent early failure.
b. Replace any damaged parts,
(12) will remain on motor shaft.
a. Reassemble housing, rotor and fan assembly as follows:
(1) Place bearing retainer (10) on rotor shaft (13).
(2) Install bearing (12) on rotor shaft (1 3), using a brass drift to seat bearing.
There is one hole in fan. Rotate fan to install second screw.
(3) Install fan end housing (11 ) on rotor (13). Using screws (9), secure bearing retainer (10) to fan end housing (1 1 ).
b. Install fan (8).
c. Install the subassembly in stator housing (14).
d. Install bearing on rotor shaft (13) using brass drift to seat bearing.
e. Place spring washer (6) in drive end housing (5) and install drive end housing. Secure with three through bolts (4)
and nuts (3).
f. Install fan cover (2) and secure with three screws (1).