2-31. TDS MONITOR MAINTENANCE.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix 13, Section III, Item 4)
ROWPU shutdown (TM 10-4610-240-10).
Power shutdown (power source manual)
General Safety Instructions
Use extreme caution when performing maintenance procedures with power ON. Death or serious
injury may result.
a. Loosen two screws (1) and open cover (2) on TDS monitor (3).
b. Set TDS monitor mechanical zero as follows:
To prevent damage to TDS monitor, electrical power must be off when setting mechanical zero.
(1) Note position of monitor needle (14).
(2) If needle (14) is not pointing at zero on meter scale (15), turn adjustment screw (13) left or right as required to
obtain correct indication.
c. Calibrate TDS monitor as follows:
(1) Ensure TDS monitor cable assemblies are connected to ROWPU.
(2) Pull out on four fasteners (11) and release panel meter (12) from circuit box (10).
(3) Inspect fuse (9). Replace fuse if blown, burned, or broken.
(4) Set multimeter to indicate voltage (0-10VDC).
(5) Connect positive-lead (+) of multimeter to recorder output terminal TB2-7(5).
(6) Connect negative lead (-) of multimeter to recorder output terminal TB2-6(4).