Table 7-2. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Compressed Air System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
8) Replace bowl O-ring if damaged or
9) Carefully install bowl O-ring and metal
bowl. Hold in place by hand and screw
bowl ring nut onto threads on filter
head. Make sure O-ring is properly
seated and then tighten hand-tight.
10) Start air compressor system.
11) Remove red tag from power panel 1
circuit breaker 3P5.
Semiannually or after 1000 hours of
equipment operation (whichever occurs
Air pressure regulators 1 and 2. Upon detec-
tion of leaks, pressure fluctuation, pressure
creep, or for semiannual maintenance ser-
vices, perform these procedures:
1) Shut down air compressor system.
2) Redtag power panel 1 circuit breaker
3P5 indicating, 'WARNING - DO NOT
ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE."
3) On air pressure regulator, unscrew
bottom plug (or pressure gauge if
installed in this manner) and remove
bottom plug O-ring, bottom spring
and disc assembly. Inspect valve seat
for damage or wear.
4) Inspect valve seat in head casting for
foreign material or damage. Clean
with soapy water, rinse, and dry with